*Welcome to My Blog*

Positive feedback is always appreciated.



UPDATES


*Posts from Before the Dawn to Cynicism and a Glass of Wine were written before the blog was created-(July 2008, November 2009- January 2010)

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Chamber

The Chamber
By: Katie M. Moss

The warmth sustains me in my dark, lightless chamber.
The rays slide effortlessly through the bars of the window--
Leading me, begging me, to come outside.
I smell flowers, and spring, and heaven‘s dew upon grass.
I open my eyes, and  see the four posts of my own bed. 

The birds sound the same, in this still room of mine.
The flowers still flowers, and vines--
--wrap around the posts of my bed.
I wish I were dead.
How I wish I were dead.
For but to live, as happy as this--
Is quite surely bliss--my soul’s own new bliss.
Sustainable bliss.
From one little kiss.

2 comments:

  1. Why wish for death if liviing is bliss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because dying is representative in dreams and poetry of not always literally dying--but of dying to old ways or one's old life so that he/she may live again to walk along a new path.
    And also, of course, the saying "I'm so happy I could die right now!"
    And also, because I write whatever comes to my head. But, in later analysis, that's how I read it anyway.

    ReplyDelete